Video Art and Performance, the seminar of Phil
Collins and Tobias Yves Zintel examines, reflects on and aims to produce
collaborative or participant works of performance and video art. One
important strand and focus of the seminar is encountering communities
and groups, landscapes and topographies in the world outside the art
academy in order to build performative moments in communication with and
for temporary audiences. Another is the to understand some of the
necessities, pleasures and challenges of participation and collectivity,
through reading set texts and, encountering and watching visual
material. Throughout the teaching sessions there is an ongoing to
learning through doing.
From Chelsea Manning themed Cover Bands in the Bauhaus Dessau Basement, to Modelling Workshops in Lebanese Shoe Factories, installations of contempoary dance collaborations in a crematorium in Berlin to an oldtimer bus-load of performers from the West Bank and West Germany, from Dating Agencies in Beirut to onstage performers in a Trans Chat Show previous seminars have collaborated with:
with Tobias Yves Zintel:
- Solo/Dance/Authorship MA (SODA) in Berlin on Capturing Dance a year long collaborative structure working with contemporary choreographers and dancers, intensive workshops with Boris Charmatz, symposium with Babette Mangolte and Philip Auslander, and an ongoing movement lab with Martin Sonderkamp.
with Daniela Kinateder:
- Riwaq Biennale, Ramallah, Palestine - as part of Our Position Vanishes, an exchange project with participants of the educational unit of the biennial presented in the context of Impulse Theatre Festival, a fortnight of experimental performance and contemporary theatre.
- Ashkal Alwan, The Lebanese Association for Plastic Arts Beirut - invited by Christine Thome and Matthias Lilienthal in the context of Home Works 6and X-Apartments Beirut.
- Bauhaus Dessau - as part of Human-Space-Machine. Stage Experiments at the Bauhaus. Invited by Philipp Oswalt, Torsten Blume and Christian Hiller in collaboration with Simon Will of Gob Squad.
- Mousonturm Frankfurt - performers with Vaginal Davis, Susanne Sachsse, Marc Siegel Cheap Productions as part of Camp/Anti-Camp -Vaginal Davis Is Speaking From The Diaphragm